Monday, February 8, 2010

Pleasant

The Beach Boys, the two remaining members Bruce and Mike (oh yes first name terms) and their band, are extremely pleasant.
They clear their own plates, they eat white bread and candy and they laugh a lot. However, backstage at King's Park on a balmy summer afternoon it's pretty hard not to be. I'm not mentioning no names or nothing.


I have a lot of cookery books. Many of them snaffled from my bibliophile mother's formidable collection. I don't know where to start. In a fit of unoriginality I go with A to Z. So this week it's Patricia Lousada's American Sampler, A Sainsbury Cookbook from 1982. 75p.

I 'm going with the big classics for all the family: Chef's salad, New York spinach and bacon salad with hot dressing, chicken tamale pie, tuna noodle casserole, popovers, Angel food cake.

You may notice Chocolate Brownies are not on the list. You may be aware I have already mistressed those squashy brown squares of gooey goodness. But that's another story.

Now the kids are back at school I shall be able to give attention to learning how to drive this blogging contraption put in some direction and plot to it all.

What's for your dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment